Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Is Common Core another quick fix?

Education programs are like the weather in Florida. If you don’t like it just wait 15 minutes for it to change.

How do we know common core is going to work?  A few years ago they told me if I had a complicated board agenda, essential question and word wall then my kids would miraculously turn into wunderkinds. It didn't. All it did was increase my and theirs frustration level.

Before that it was America’s choice and before that it was something else. All quick fixes that have come and gone taking wheel barrels full of money with them.

Is it too much to ask that before we invest billions of dollars and risk the future of millions of children we make sure that we get it right?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, As a parent I am trying to understand more about this issue in our schools. Can you tell me what you are concerned about?

    ReplyDelete