Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Connie Hall’s Achieve Instill and Inspire’s troubling tax returns

You might be thinking, Chris you covered this last summer and other than an article in the Folio it didn’t go anywhere. Well I bring it up again because I have an ethic’s report in front of me where the district’s lawyer Karen Chastain talks about it.

Taken straight from the report:

(12) Ms. Chastain provided a copy of the contract between the school board and the Achieve Instill Inspire Foundation which reflects that the contract period was from January 1, 2011 through June 15 2011, and the amount of the contract was 97,400.

I also have the Achieve Instill Inspire Foundations tax returns, from the period July 1st 2010 to June 30th 2011, where they state their gross receipts were 86,450 dollars. Now I am not a tax guy but that seems pretty hinky. It also seems like the non-profit was created for the sole purpose of taking this district contract.

Now somebody smarter than me suggested maybe they were contracted for 97,400 but only did 86,450 dollars worth of work. Fair enough but why can’t anybody seem to be able to confirm or deny it. It isn’t included in the ethic’s report though Mrs. Hall’s Ready for Tomorrow, the for profit that she replaced her non profit with, jacking up the fees to produce the same work mind you, contract in front of me.

I don’t think it is an unfair question to ask where the 10k went. 

1 comment: