Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

What debate was Times Union reporter Topher Sanders watching?

I believe Topher Sanders mischaracterized my closing remarks at the district 5 debate. He said I used my closing remarks to criticize my opponent Mrs. Hall and nothing could be further from the truth. During my final remarks I commented about how people had a real choice in candidates, the establishment candidate Mrs. Hall, supported by several school board members and other big wigs in the district or someone with a fresh set of eyes, either myself or Pervaila Gaines Macintosh. Now it’s true I did say, “if the establishment drove us into the ditch, how do you expect the establishment to get us out of the ditch.” That however is not a criticism, that is a sentiment that many people in Jacksonville share.

Mr. Sanders went on to say Mrs. Hall ignored the slight. I don’t know if Mrs. Hall took it as a slight or not but I definitely take it as a slight, that the establishment thinks they can force the same insiders on the city over and over, the ones that did drive us into a ditch, and they expect us to shut our mouths and take it.

District 5 and the city desperately need a new set of eyes, not more of the same, that’s not a criticism, that is a fact.

Chris Guerrieri
School Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment