Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chris Guerrieri asks ED Commissioner tough questions

Chris Guerrieri asks ED Commissioner tough questions

The first I asked was about the class size, which is routinely bashed and marginalized by the right, probably because they haven’t found a way to profit off of it.

I asked him, the state says the FCAT has led to increased scores; I say it is smaller class sizes, why are you right and I am wrong?

He didn’t say I was wrong, in fact he said both played a role in increasing test scores. This is bound to cause some ripples as Bush and crew have routinely said the class size amendment was a waste.

I then asked him, where the buck stopped with who was in charge of our local schools, was it with the school boards or was it with the state that has increasingly mandated what local districts can and cannot do.
He went round and round but his gist was the state has its role and the local boards have their roles too. He didn’t mention it but I am sure the local boards role is to ask how high when the state says jump.’

No comments:

Post a Comment